Monday, March 31, 2008

A New Fast - Monday March 31 5:42 AM

I have decided to begin another fast. The benefits of the last one were lasting enough to encourage me to try another one. Plus the tantalizing lure of taste has tightened its grip on my tongue and I find myself slipping back into my old ways of eating which were very poor (to say the least). So I am interrupting my slide down this slippery slope of gluttony.

My timing is probably quite poor since tomorrow (April 1st) I turn 57. I guess we'll just have a water toast to my having stayed alive for so many years but I will get a sense of satisfaction for having weathered a stoic social stigma that has never done anything for me anyway.

Plus I have a retreat this weekend where food, and the collective consumption of food, is a fulcrum of social sharing. I guess the best way of handling this is to forget about it until it happens. I can only do this fasting thing one day at a time and that problem is not within my current sights. I'll get to it when it comes up. I have a problem of trying to over think my life and I get so far ahead of what is actually happening that I trip over my own psychological feet. I trip myself up constantly. So, what I've learned is that I have to keep things simple and just worry about what is in front of me (as pertains to over thinking) and keep trudging along.

No comments: