Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day Two 9:43 AM

Yesterday went completely fine. I was able to keep myself distracted throughout the day so the idea of putting some taste in my mouth kept occuring and recurring but I was able to switch channels. Last night was rough because that's when I usually binge on cereal and lowfat milk but I just kept running around doing insignificant errands and it worked. I made it to bed without eating anything.

Today, day two, I have not yet been hit with any really huge temptation. The idea of eating keeps coming up but I just drink water or tea (a generic detox tea) and the impulse goes away. When it occurs to me to put something in my mouth, I refer to my motives and ask myself, "is the momentary gratification of eating this bag of Crunchy Cheetos worth giving up the day that I have banked and the sacrifice of my cleansing mission?". The answer has always come up "no" so far so I'll keep using it until it wears out.

No comments: