Friday, March 14, 2008

Day Four 9:21 PM

I don't know why I didn't blog yesterday. I guess it was an uneventful day and nothing remarkable happened. I did not think about food. It was not a difficult feat for me to get through the day without eating.

I didn't drink enough water yesterday so I've tried to drink more today. What a boring liquid! I also cheated and had five cinnamon tic-tacs. The taste was so bad in my mouth that I broke down and sucked five tic-tacs. I am sure that tic-tacs are against the rules of fasting so this is probably not a sanctioned fast anymore.

I also went to the gym with my boys yesterday. I spent 20 minutes on one of an ellipse and ten minutes on a treadmill. I didn't lift because of the pinched nerve in my back, not because of the fast. The pain is intolerable. Maybe it's helping me get my mind off food. So this would be a "pinched nerve fast" in scientific terms.

Today was as easy. I drank a lot of water and chewed four pieces of orbit gum. I have to think that the breath mints and gum are frowned on by the fasting experts but they changed the awful taste in my mouth.

I forgot to mention that when I went to my doctor because of my pinched nerve, I weighed in at 234 pounds. That was Wednesday, so it was a day after I started. I am not doing this for weight loss, so I only bring it up in passing. It's Friday night and I have not weighed in. I'm sure I've lost nothing.

I haven't really talked to anyone about this because it doesn't seem to be considered normal behavior. When I went 14 days last year I created quite a commotion. I have a suspicion that when I broke the fast (with meat-lovers pizza), I narrowly averted a food intervention by my concerned family members and friends.

No comments: