Monday, July 29, 2013

Update

My raw vegan conversion has stood the test of time, albeit ridiculed and mostly overlooked by my many communities, but I have been able to stay over 90% pure to the rigor of eating unheated vegetables that have been prepared in delicious ways. 

However, there have been some developments: I am nearing the end of earning my Masters Degree in Nonprofit Management from North Park University here in Chicago and have been blessed with the idea of opening up a nonprofit, raw vegan cafe and teaching organization. The purpose would be to promote the concept of "food as medicine" of which there is such a plethora of research that I (we) could make available to our patronage that it would make a very favorable impact. To this end I have designed a logo and have written a business plan. It sits on my hard drive while I spend my days trying to build my small business consultancy, but it is nevertheless written and ready.

I have put on a few pounds but this is due to making poor raw vegan decisions and occasionally cheating than anything else. I ran the Chicago Marathon last year and am training to run it again this year so I feel better than I ever remember feeling and this is, of course, a wonderful thing to be able to experience.

Today I am starting a "reboot" reminiscent of "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", which we watched last weekend. It was a great documentary and has inspired me to try this juicing fast. We'll see how it goes, but I have prepared a day's worth of green smoothies to take with me into the office. I'll report on it later.


No comments: